Do you need to move large machinery?
Solving Air Bearing Modules
- are easy to use
- can move loads of up to 360 tons
- are available in sets of 4 or 6
Fill in the form to request more information about buying a Solving Air Bearing Module set.
If you are in a situation where you need to get machinery or other heavy equipment moved temporarily you can rent our Air Bearing Module system. If you frequently need to get equipment moved, we recommend that you buy the system for in-house use.
Move heavy loads efficently on a cushion of compressed air
Solving standard Air Bearing Module Systems are perfect for handling almost any load from a few thousand kilograms up to 360 tons on a virtually friction-free film of air.
Typical applications where Air Bearing Modules are frequently used are: moving new machines into production facilities, taking out old machines from production areas, handling production equipment inside factories, moving ships around repair or production facilities, and container handling.
A Solving Air Bearing Module set is a cost-effective way of handling heavy and bulky loads; it is easy to set up and operate, and the same system can be used for moving various loads omnidirectionally, particularly advantageous when negotiating narrow areas. Air Bearing Modules are almost maintenance-free and do not cause any floor wear.
Do you recognize some of these challenges in your work?
- You need to move large machinery in your facilities every now and then
- Hiring external contractors becomes expensive
- The space where the load is to be moved is narrow
- Equipment used for moving heavy loads causes damage to the floor
If you replied yes to one or more of these, then our Modular Air Bearing Systems that come in different capacities can be an option for you.
How an air bearing module system is used
Generally, four or six air bearing modules are used to move large and heavy loads; to ensure maximum stability, at least three air bearing modules are required. They should be placed under the load, as far apart as possible, roughly dividing the weight of the load evenly between them. The modules are then connected to the control unit and the compressed air supply. Pressure regulators within the control unit are used to increase the air pressure in each module until the load is raised off the floor. A thin film of air is then formed under each module virtually eliminating friction and allowing a heavy load to be moved and positioned with ease and accuracy.
What does a set of air bearing modules (also called Air Skates, Air Casters or Air Skids) include?
A set of Air Bearing Modules – the perfect solution for rigging and moving complex and extreme loads – includes:
- four or six Air Bearing Modules
- interconnection hoses with quick release couplings
- control unit with pressure regulator and gauge for each module, supply pressure gauge and plastic support bars
- supply hose including shut-off valve
- storage box, operating instructions
Examples of cases:
Air Bearing Modules were used for moving a 50-ton motor yacht into a yard’s production hall and out again after the refit. The controlled movement on air bearings gives confidence in handling also luxury yachts.
- Using air film technology was the only safe way to move the yacht because the clearance between the top of the yacht and the door opening was only a few centimeters.
A new 7-ton machine was brought into production facilities on air bearings.
- The machine was lifted by crane onto steel sheets and then moved on air bearings through the door opening.
- Steel sheets were used to cover cracks in the floor to ensure safe and good performance.
A new 8-ton machine was ‘floated’ on air bearings to it’s final position in a production hall. Thanks to the air bearings
- two 90 degree turns along the transport route could easily be passed.
- the machine could be positioned smoothly and precisely.
Do you want to start using our products?
Request a quote or more information.